Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Daily Gems

Every day I am given a few little gems. Usually they come in the form of something one of my kids says or does that just makes me smile and say a silent prayer of thanks that they are mine and that I get to be their Mom. I'm not always great at noticing those little gems and I'm even worse at recording them. So I wanted to get them recorded today as something to remember on those days when the gems are lost in the mud and dust of the every day chaos of life. 

1. Today while I was getting Adam dressed I got out a new shirt my parents got him for Easter. Knowing his love of dogs, they chose one with a dog driving a race car. He was quite excited when he saw it and said, "Goggie...Love it!" Then when I finally had it on he said, "Better....Shirt." All while smiling with that one little  dimple of his-in the perfect spot on his left cheek.

2. Leah "wrote" a book today about Humpty Dumpty:

Humpty Dumpty
Humpty Dumpty fell down and was all broken in pieces.
Humpty Dumpty tried to put himself back together. 
But it just didn't work. 
So he asked Jesus to fix him. 
And He did. 
And he was very grateful. 

Out of the mouth of babes-sometimes when we're broken we can't fix ourselves and must rely on our Savior to put the pieces back together. 

3. I was finishing bathing the kids for the evening. Jared was first so I laid him in on the floor next to Isaac who was playing with one of his HotWheels tracks. By the time I was almost done with Leah and Adam, Jared was done being on the floor and was getting fussy. Then he was quiet and I noticed Isaac's track was off. When I had a minute to go check on them I found this:
 
Isaac was just reading a book to Jared to keep him happy. What a great big brother! 

Nothing here to extraordinary, but these are the things that I love most about my life! 


1 comment:

  1. Missing you! Your little gems brought tears to my eyes. Give them all a big hug and kiss from me. We get to see you in 2 months!!!

    ReplyDelete