Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall Crafting, Decorating, and Baking

I'm usually not a HUGE crafter, but now that I have a little corner of my own in our family room to do what I want, I've been a little more adventurous this year. My creations thus far:

This is a wreath made from paper. Find the directions here. I wish I would have used more paper, used a white styrofoam wreath instead of a green one (because the white ones are softer) and, most importantly, followed the advice to use a thimble-my thumb and finger hurt for days!


Pumpkins made from paper. I also found the directions for this online somewhere, but I didn't save the link. If you're interested, let me know-it's super easy!


The top of my entertainment center decorated. The "Fall" picture frames idea is from here-good ol' dollar store was a great help in this decorating adventure. I think everything here cost less than $20 total.


This one I get to take all the credit for. It started as a wedding gift for a friend, but it turned out so hideous that I scraped it all off and made this instead. I bought the letters that say "trick" like 3 years ago-they were in a set that came with the whole alphabet. Unfortunately, there was only one of each letter. It took me days (literally) to think up a word that didn't have a double letter and that each letter had a different pattern. As it was, I had to make a new "i" for this one. I have to say I really like the way it turned out.


Lastly, are these not the cutest little spider guys ever? Found the directions here-they were a little time consuming, but totally cute in the end. (I'm assuming they were tasty, I didn't eat any since I'm not such a fan of chocolate cake...I know, I know!).

Jake and I made one more treat that I know we took pictures of. Not sure what happened to them....I'll have to see if I can find them before I post about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment