Sunday, January 2, 2011

Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam!

I can't believe my little guy is officially a Sunbeam. I bought him a new shirt and tie (more really out of necessity than celebration!) and look what a handsome dude he is. I planned on buying him a scripture case and Bible to go with the Book of Mormon he's had all year in nursery, but it didn't happen. It even crossed my mind last night to whip him up a little bag just for his BOM and then I realized the craziness of that thought. So, he'll carry his BOM and the rest will have to come later. Since Leah was so sick yesterday she and I will be hanging out at home so it's sad for me to not be there to send him off to the big leagues of Primary, but I'm sure he'll do just fine with Daddy. His teachers are the parents of one of his buddies from nursery so he already knows them, which is part of why I know he'll do great. (That and Jake's mom is the Primary President!). Isaac seems excited about Sunbeams, but I think he'll miss the toys, play-dough, and snack time. Thankfully his teachers do some really fun things and I know he'll forget about nursery in no time. What a big boy he's become!

3 comments:

  1. How cute! I can't believe he is so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of a bittersweet thing, huh? Gavin wasn't thrilled about going...he loves his nursery teacher. I tried to get him excited by singing the Sunbeam song and when I finished he said, "Mom, I'm never gonna be a sunbeam for Jesus." What a stinker! He was all about going when the time actually came though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jarom started Sunbeams too! It about had a huge meltdown when he realized that I wouldn't be with him. (I am the Nursery Coordinator). How fun that Isaac and Jarom are the same age. :)

    ReplyDelete