Monday, September 14, 2009

35-3

Saturday was the Iowa v. Iowa State game. The Hawkeyes won, to put it lightly. We KILLED ISU...35 to 3. It wasn't really a fun game to watch because we totally dominated. Oh well, it was a fun excuse to have us all wear matching outfits!

Daddy and his little Hawkette


The whole gang


"Celebrating" after the game


Isn't she darling? I had been looking for a little outfit for her for months and never found anything. When we were in Clear Lake a few weeks ago we found a little black polo dress with a hawkeye head embroidered on it...it was $24!!! There was no way I was going to pay that much for a little 2 inch patch sewn on a $3 dress. So...I got creative. I made Leah's skirt out of an old sweatshirt from high school. I found the shirt on clearance at Wal-Mart for $1 and appliqued the hawkeye head (made from some fabric I bought at JoAnn) onto it. Then I made her bow-it's a korker bow and the first one I've tried of that style. Super easy. Get the directions free here. I already had the little diaper cover from a black dress she has. So I think this whole outfit, including the bow, cost me about $4.


Cheering on the Hawkeyes!


And, as usual, Isaac is missing some article of clothing while watching the game.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jenn I am so sad now! This whole time I thought you made that outfit for Leah! Oh well I guess that's what I get for assuming. You really are quite talented though and I'm sure you could have made it.

    ReplyDelete