Friday, September 4, 2009

Headband Bows!

I found a website that sells the elastic to make headbands and so I've been making some bows for when I get it. Right now I only have a pink one and it's a little too big for Leah so I'm excited to finally get some headbands made that will fit her little noggin. Here's a sample of what I've done this week: (you can click on any of the pictures to get a close-up!)


This one is made from cotton fabric scraps-I just cut petal shapes out then basted them together and gathered enough to make the flower shape. I sewed the two layers together and hot glued on a button.


This is 8 ribbons laid out in an asterisk-like shaped, hot glued at the center, then folded up to make the flower/bow shape. Again, a button just hot glued on.


This is 4 ribbons-same process as above.


I found a pattern online for this one-the pieces are made out of felt and a rhinestone hot-glued on the middle.


This one was made from a piece of a t-shirt. (I used the rest of the shirt to make a bag-that's another post, though). I just stitched the edge with a basting stitch, gathered it into a circle, sewed the edged together and, you guessed it, hot-glued on a button.


Here's a shot of all of them plus a couple others. The big pink on the top left ended up being WAY too big for Leah's head so I'm going to add a pin and put it on my peacoat this winter as a brooch.


*Next project: tutu and monogrammed onesie!!!

1 comment: